About this Event
This event highlights how leading projects and institutions are planning to integrate crypto assets into the wealth management portfolio and tokenization. Driven by the potential for value appreciation and portfolio diversification, the capital market has shown a shift towards embracing crypto assets leading to an increase in trading volumes and asset tokenization.
Different experts will share their thoughts on how cryptocurrency custody, trading services and tokenization projects will shape our future. In addition the discussion will also include tokenizing assets from houses to businesses. The use of tokens in regards to rights like the right to vote is explored, too.
The discussion will be between 250+ attendees, 6 speakers and 7 panelists.
Through the event we aim at providing examples and answers on the following topics:
- What can be tokenized today?
- What challenges are commonly faced by those tokenizing assets today?
- What are the significant barriers faced by financial institutions to enter the cryptocurrency field and what improvements are required in the regulatory landscape?
- What will be tokenized next?
- How will our society and economy change as more ownership is stored on the blockchain?
Through the participation of a few interesting companies from the blockchain and fintech sector, as speakers and panel discussion participants, we are aiming to broaden the discussion as well as drive trust and accelerate the adoption of tokenized assets by institutional clients. We believe this could lead to a truly open global financial system as envisioned by blockchain and lead to greater innovation and efficiency within the economy.
- Dr. Ulli Spankowski, CEO, Bison (by Börse Stuttgart)
- Benjamin Horvath, CEO, Blockrocket
- Dr. Matthias Hirtschulz, Senior Manager, d-fine
- Marc Drießen, CEO, Bloxxter
PANEL DISCUSSION: Future infrastructure for issuing, trading and custody of crypto assets
- Alexander Höptner, CEO, Börse Stuttgart
- Simon Seiter, Head of Digital Assets, Deutsche Börse
- Joachim Schwerin, Principal Economist, European Commission
- Prof. Dr. Philipp Sandner, Professor, Frankfurt School Blockchain Center
- Prof. Dr. Isabell M. Welpe, Professor, Technical University Munich
- Tobias Frey, Syndikusrechtsanwalt, Bundesverband deutscher Banken (BdB)
- Sven Erwin Hemeling, Leiter Primärmarktrecht, Deutsches Aktieninstitut (DAI)
- 13:00 Doors open
- 13:30 Blockchain technology: The emergence of future capital markets? (Prof. Dr. Philipp Sandner, Frankfurt School Blockchain Center)
- 13:50 Which tokenization verticals will succeed first - and why? (Benjamin Horvath, Blockrocket)
- 14:15 t.b.d (Dr. Matthias Hirtschulz, d-fine)
- 14:40 Coffee break
- 15:05 t.b.d.
- 15:30 t.b.d. (Dr. Ulli Spankowski, Bison by Börse Stuttgart)
- 15:55 Coffee break
- 16:20 t.b.d. (Marc Drießen, Bloxxter)
- 16:45 t.b.d.
- 17:10 Coffee break
- 17:35 Panel discussion "Future infrastructure for issuing, trading and custody of crypto assets" (see above for participants)
- 18:25 Networking and drinks
LOCATION AND DATE
Location: Center for Digital Technology and Management (CDTM), Marsstraße 20, 80335 Munich
Date: Wednesday, February 12, 2020, 13h30–21h00 with networking and drinks
Language: English, German
Registration required via Eventbrite; Maximum number of participants: 300
Disrupt Network builds communities and organizes conferences and meetups on technology topics such as Blockchain, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, Mobility, IoT and other deep technology projects across various cities in the D/A/CH region with the intention of creating a discussion and exchange of knowledge amongst enterprises, startups and individuals. We help you to get to know the technology, as well as understand how it can be used and applied. Through our extensive network and communities, we help our partners connect to the right strategic partners, advisors, investors, and trusted service providers in the space.